Officially on the charts! Bossa Nova Baby makes the US Jazz Top 100 at #70 today (16 Sept 2019) ! Jazz Week Charts! Thank you all USA Radio stations for spinning it! Thank you all for listening! Stay tuned and check it out! www.julianaareias.com
|September 16, 2019
|September 9, 2019
|September 2, 2019
|August 26, 2019
|August 19, 2019
|August 12, 2019
|August 5, 2019
#charts #grammys #wam #originalmusic #bossanovababycd #julianaareias #siriusxm #jazz #bossanova #allthatbossa #connectionpoint #connectiondot #usa #radio #top100 #onthecharts #spin #perthcreatives #perthmusic #perthmusicscene #expomusic #musicexport #bluenote #birdland #braziliansinger #brazilianjazz #70 #musicadequalidade #brasilidade #finemusic
Juliana Areias & Co – Beautiful Horizons – Festa do Interior Concert
Friday 05 July 7.00pm – Book Now
Perth’s own Brazilian singer-songwriter and recent winner of the USA Focus Brasil Music Award – Juliana Areias, the “Bossa Nova Baby” – is back at the Ellington Jazz Club with a blazing new show to warm your winter and light a bonfire of the heart. Juliana invites you on a musical passage on the train of colours, precious gems, and songs from the Interior of Brazil. On this journey you’ll discover the beautiful horizons and sounds from the diverse inland of Brazil: its baroque mining cities in Minas Gerais State; the broad farmlands of Southern Brazil, rainforests of Pantanal, modern architecture in the capital Brasilia, the tropical expanse of the Amazon, and the folk bonfire festivals from the north-eastern dry areas where the rhythm of Baiao and the popular Quadrilha and Forro dance originate.
This eclectic concert will embrace some of South America’s most evocative rhythms – samba, baiao, carimbo, maracatu, guarania, folkpop – spanning traditional and contemporary composers and interpreters such as: Antonio Carlos Jobim (bossa-nova and beyond), Ary Barroso (composer of Brazil), Luiz Gonzaga (the king of Baiao), Joao Bosco, Djavan, Lenine, Joao Donato, Caetano Veloso, Milton Nascimento, Beto Guedes, Lo Borges, Fatima Guedes, Flavio Venturini, Roupa Nova, 14 Bis, Maria Rita, Maria Gadu, Diana Pequeno, Gal Costa, Toninho Horta, Wagner Tiso, Ronaldo Bastos, Fernando Brant, Dorival Caymmy,… as well as few songs from Juliana Areias’s award-winning album “Bossa Nova Baby”.
For this exceptionally colourful concert, Juliana Areias has assembled a scorching line-up of sensational musicians and special guests – showcasing the amazing talent and cultural diversity we are so lucky to have in Perth. Juliana Areias is honoured to share the stage with:
– Paul Millard, – Australian Saxophonist, flautist (leader of Straight Ahead Big Band);
– Joshua de Silva – Australian/Srilankan guitarist and singer;
– Tommy Flamenco / Arvis Mena – Cuban bassist and singer (leader of De Cuba Son Band);
– Filippe Rimis – Brazilian drummer
And very special guests:
– Rafael Medeiros – Brazilian percussionist
– Ourico – Lee Coumbe – Australian percussionist and Capoeira teacher (leader of Cdo-Perth Capoeira Group)
– Ana Lucia Pereira, Felipe Ortega and Sarah Quinn – samba de gafieira and forro dance teachers and their students.
Juliana Areias has performed on major stages internationally including the Sydney Opera House, Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London, the Green Room in New York, the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland, the Auckland Festival in New Zealand and the legendary Beco das Garrafas in Rio de Janeiro.
Now it is your turn to feel spellbound by the Bossa Nova Baby, Juliana Areias.
– “The toast of the Perth Jazz Scene. The release of Bossa Nova Baby has elevated her above a mere covers singer or bossa specialist. The singer excels in an elegant co-composed duet (Belas Artes) with Australia’s finest Brazilian-oriented 7-string guitarist, Doug de Vries”.– The Australian – Tony Hillier
– “It’s bossa that plays soccer with Jazz – as it has since the 60’s – and scoring a goal. Bossa Nova Baby” is a welcome surprise of great Brazilian music, made far away.” – O GLOBO– Brazil– Antonio Carlos Miguel – Music critic and judge member of the Latin Grammy Award.
– “The idea of mixing styles and cultures is reflected in Areias’ life and her music” – Daily Record, USA – Bill Nutt
Photo in the USA during Focus Brazil Awards in Florida.