FEATURING PRESS AND REVIEWS
– “Rhythmically perfect and passionate vocal delivery” – Jazz and Beyond , The Australian, John McBeath.
– “We celebrate the changing face of Australian music with Brazilian-born, Perth based singer Juliana’s excellent, Bossa Nova-centred album.” – ABC Radio National – Daily Planet – Lucky Oceans.
– “The toast of the Perth Jazz Scene. The release of Bossa Nova Baby has elevated her above a mere covers singer or bossa specialist. The singer excels in an elegant co-composed duet (Belas Artes) with Australia’s finest Brazilian-oriented 7-string guitarist, Doug de Vries”.– The Australian – Tony Hillier
– “It’s bossa that plays soccer with Jazz – as it has since the 60’s – and scoring a goal. Bossa Nova Baby” is a welcome surprise of good Brazilian music, made far away.” – O GLOBO– Brazil– Antonio
Carlos Miguel – Music critic and judge member of the “Latin Grammy Award”.
– ” A wonderful Brazilian-Australian bossa nova baby with contemporary bossa nova songs.“– Key and Chords, Belgium/Europe – Patrick Van de Wiele .
JULIANA AREIAS – ” The Bossa Nova Baby “
Dubbed the ‘Bossa Nova Baby’, this Perth-based singer-songwriter and multiple award finalist, brings a new edge to traditional Brazilian rhythms – creating a contemporary Latin Jazz musical fusion which is taking the Australian and the International music scene by storm.
Her first original album, Bossa Nova Baby was featured on ABC Radio National on Australia Day 2016 as “The Changing Face of Australian Music”. It also received multiple nominations for WAM Song of the year – World Music Category 2015 and for WAMi Best World Music Act 2015/2016.
The album was produced and released in Perth in 2015, after a successful worldwide crowd-funding campaign and with the support of the Department of Culture and the Arts of Western Australia and corporate sponsors. It has been receiving regular air play in Australia, Europe, Japan, USA , Brazil and Latin America.
Her career includes recent touring performances at the Sydney Opera House , at the Ronnie Scott Jazz Club in London, in Amsterdam, in Brazil and at the Tanks Jazz Up North Series in Cairns along with Kate Ceberano and The Cat Empire – as well as The Montreux Jazz Festival, Auckland Festival, America’s Cup (NZ), The Perth International Jazz Festival, Kings Park Festival and Ritmo Festival at Darling Harbour performing for over 30.000 people.
Juliana was personally introduced to the Bossa Nova founders when she was a teenager by legendary Brazilian Music historian and journalist Ruy Castro who also named her “The Bossa Nova Baby”. This direct learning and unique experience have inspired her to become a professional singer and songwriter.
Always working in the music circuit, Juliana Areias has lived for many years in Europe (Switzerland) and New Zealand prior to moving to Australia.
Juliana Areias has also previously recorded for the poet, composer and Brazilian diplomat Marcio Catunda, 6 of his albums produced respectively in Switzerland (Anima Lirica -1997), Bulgaria (Crescente – 2000), Brazil ( Mistica Beleza – 2003/ Itinerario Sentimental – 2008) , Spain (Agua de Flores – 2009) and Portugal (O Jardineiro da Vida – 2010).
For more information:
phone : 0061 0405279160