FEATURING PRESS AND REVIEWS
– “The idea of mixing styles and cultures is reflected in Areias’ life and her music.”, Daily Record, Bill Nutt. – USA
– “Rhythmically perfect and passionate vocal delivery” – Jazz and Beyond , The Australian, John McBeath. – Australia
– “We celebrate the changing face of Australian music with Brazilian-born, Perth based singer Juliana’s excellent, Bossa Nova-centred album.” – ABC Radio National – Daily Planet – Lucky Oceans. – Australia
– “The toast of the Perth Jazz Scene. The release of Bossa Nova Baby has elevated her above a mere covers singer or bossa specialist. The singer excels in an elegant co-composed duet (Belas Artes) with Australia’s finest Brazilian-oriented 7-string guitarist, Doug de Vries”.– The Australian – Tony Hillier – Australia
– “It’s bossa that plays soccer with Jazz – as it has since the 60’s – and scoring a goal. Bossa Nova Baby” is a welcome surprise of good Brazilian music, made far away.” – O GLOBO – Antonio Carlos Miguel – Music critic and judge member of the “Latin Grammy Award”. – Brazil
– ” A wonderful Brazilian-Australian bossa nova baby with contemporary bossa nova songs.“– Key and Chords, – Patrick Van de Wiele . – Belgium, Europe
JULIANA AREIAS – ” The Bossa Nova Baby “
Dubbed the ‘Bossa Nova Baby’, this Perth-based Brazilian singer-songwriter and multiple award finalist, brings a new edge to traditional Brazilian rhythms – creating a contemporary Latin Jazz musical fusion which is taking the Australian and the International music scene by storm.
Juliana was personally introduced to the Bossa Nova founders when she was a teenager by legendary Brazilian Music historian and journalist Ruy Castro who also named her “The Bossa Nova Baby”. This direct learning and unique experience have inspired her to become a professional singer and songwriter.
Juliana Areias has performed on celebrated stages around the world including the Sydney Opera House, Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London, the Green Room in New York, the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland, the Auckland Festival in New Zealand, the Fukiagi Hall in Japan , the legendary Beco das Garrafas in Rio de Janeiro, America’s Cup (NZ), The Perth International Jazz Festival, WAM Festival, Kings Park Festival and Ritmo Festival at Darling Harbour performing for over 30.000 people.
Her first original album, Bossa Nova Baby was featured on ABC Radio National on Australia Day 2016 as “The Changing Face of Australian Music”. The album was produced after a successful worldwide crowd-funding campaign and with the support of the Department of Culture and the Arts of Western Australia and corporate sponsors. It has received multiple nominations for The Western Australian Music Awards including WAM Song of the year – World Music Category 2015 and WAMi Best World Music Act 2015/2016. It has also been receiving regular air play in Australia, Europe, Japan, USA , Brazil and Latin America.
Juliana Areias has also previously lived in Switzeland and New Zeland and recorded for the poet, composer and Brazilian diplomat Marcio Catunda, 6 of his albums produced respectively in Switzerland (Anima Lirica -1997), Bulgaria (Crescente – 2000), Brazil ( Mistica Beleza – 2003/ Itinerario Sentimental – 2008) , Spain (Agua de Flores – 2009) and Portugal (O Jardineiro da Vida – 2010).
Now it is your turn to feel spellbound by the Bossa Nova Baby, Juliana Areias.
For more information:
phone : 0061 0405279160