Juliana Areias Live interview at @sydneychoroclub Sunday night Brazil / USA Time – Monday morning Australian Time (6am- Perth).
Juliana Areias is an award winning Brazilian Singer-Songwriter based in Perth, Western Australia.
Her debut original album ‘Bossa Nova Baby’ charted at #70 on the US Jazz Top 100, following her win of ‘Best Brazilian Music Album’ at the US Focus Brazil Awards 2019. She has also been nominated five times for Western Australian Music WAM Awards as Best World Music Act 2019/2016/2015 and Best Song of the Year for “Mare Cheia” and Flecha WAM SOTY Awards 2015.
Dubbed the “Bossa Nova Baby” by iconic Brazilian journalist Ruy Castro, she has performed at major stages in Europe, USA, Japan, Latin America and Australia including the Sydney Opera House, the Montreux Jazz Festival, Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London, the Green Room in New York, Fukiagi Hall in Japan, Auckland Festival in New Zealand and Beco das Garrafas in Rio de Janeiro.
Along with her passion for Bossa Nova, MPB and Samba de gafieira dance, Juliana Areias produced the first Roda de Choro in Perth performing a full house concert with virtuoso guitarist Doug de Vries and his Sexteto Zona Sul in 2013. All of them also participated at the legendary Jam Session with Yamandu Costa in Adelaide in 2014. After it, Juliana Areias and Doug de Vries co-composed and recorded together their Choro song “Belas Artes” (Fine Arts), one of the original songs of Juliana Areias – Bossa Nova Baby album.
– “The idea of mixing styles and cultures is reflected in Areias’ life and her music.”, Daily Record – USA
– “We celebrate the changing face of Australian music with Brazilian-born, Perth based singer Juliana’s excellent, Bossa Nova-centred album.” – ABC Radio National, Australia
– “It’s bossa that plays soccer with Jazz – as it has since the 60’s – and scoring a goal. Bossa Nova Baby” is a welcome surprise of good Brazilian music, made far away.” – O Globo, Brazil
– ” A wonderful Brazilian-Australian bossa nova baby with contemporary bossa nova songs.“– Key and Chords, Belgium
– “The toast of the Perth Jazz Scene. The release of Bossa Nova Baby has elevated her above a mere covers singer or bossa specialist. The singer excels in an elegant co-composed duet (Belas Artes) with Australia’s finest Brazilian-oriented 7-string guitarist, Doug de Vries. Rhythmically perfect and passionate vocal delivery”.– The Australian, Australia
#sydneychoroclub #choro #chorinho #julianaareias #live #liveinterview #brazilianmusic #brazilianjazz #australia #dougdevries #raphaelrabello #yamanducosta #belasartes #bossanovababy #bossanovababycd #brasilidade #musicaward #jazz #bossanova