After a successful USA Tour, with performances in New York, California, Florida and New Jersey; Australia based Brazilian singer-songwriter Juliana Areias, the “Bossa Nova Baby”, salutes 60 years of Bossa Nova presenting her original album Bossa Nova Baby in Japan as the featuring artist of the 7th Focus Brasil Press Award. She will open the event with intimate Bossa Nova Baby concert at the Brazilian Embassy in Tokyo on the 4th of September for a guest audience and then she will close the event with a free concert for 450 people at the Fukiagi Hall in Nagoya on the 9th of September. Get your free tickets now.
The Bossa Nova Baby concert features the exuberant arrangements of the 12 original songs of the Bossa Nova Baby álbum produced in Perth, Western Australia – with the support of The Department of Culture and the Arts of Western Australian and of a successful crowd-funding campaign – as well as exclusive arrangements of Bossa Nova classics such as “Waters of March”, “The Girl from Ipanema” and “Rio”.
Juliana will be joined by a stellar line-up of jazz musicians based in Japan, including Australian saxophonist Andy Bevan and guitarrist Hirishi Nakanuma in Tokyo ; and Brazilian bassist Bete Bezerra quintet in Nagoya featuring Japanese instrumentalists Manabu Suzuki – sax and flute, Shinobu Wakayama – piano, Komori Atsushi-guitar, Naoto-Tanii – bass and Hideki Shibata – Drums.
“It has always been my dream to visit and perform in Japan. I am very excited to present the contemporary songs of the Bossa Nova Baby album paying tribute to the 60 years of Bossa Nova and showing its evolution at the same time. It will be a magical artistic encounter of 3 nations -Japan, Brazil and Australia – sharing our common language: our the love for music and bossa nova.” – tells Juliana Areias.
Juliana Areias has performed on major stages internationally including the Sydney Opera House, Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London, the Green Room in New York City, The Bickford Theatre in Metropolitan New York, the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland, the Auckland Festival in New Zealand and the legendary Beco das Garrafas in Rio de Janeiro.
As a teenager Juliana was personally introduced to the Bossa Nova founders by the iconic Brazilian music historian and journalist Ruy Castro – who also named her the “Bossa Nova Baby”. This direct contact with the Bossa masters inspired her to become a professional singer and songwriter.
Before moving to Australia, Juliana Areias began her music career in Europe and lectured in New Zealand, but it was her first original album “Bossa Nova Baby” produced in Perth that elevated her to the next level. Featured on ABC National Radio on Australia Day 2016, the CD received multiple music award nominations and earned regular air play around the world. Filled with original tunes, the CD is an infectious blend of bossa-nova with samba, jazz, pop, funk, choro, ballad, and tango rhythms.
Now it is your turn to experience live the sounds of the Bossa Nova Baby in concert.
More information, media clips, and social media links at http://www.JulianaAreias.com /
JULIANA AREIAS – BOSSA NOVA BABY ALBUM – FETURING REVIEWS
– “The idea of mixing styles and cultures is reflected in Areias’ life and her music.”, Daily Record, Bill Nutt.– USA
– “Rhythmically perfect and passionate vocal delivery” – Jazz and Beyond , The Australian, John McBeath. – Australia
– “We celebrate the changing face of Australian music with Brazilian-born, Perth based singer Juliana’s excellent, Bossa Nova-centred album.” – ABC Radio National – Daily Planet – Lucky Oceans. – Australia
– “The toast of the Perth Jazz Scene. The release of Bossa Nova Baby has elevated her above a mere covers singer or bossa specialist. The singer excels in an elegant co-composed duet (Belas Artes) with Australia’s finest Brazilian-oriented 7-string guitarist, Doug de Vries”.– The Australian – Tony Hillier. – Australia
– “It’s bossa that plays soccer with Jazz – as it has since the 60’s – and scoring a goal. Bossa Nova Baby” is a welcome surprise of good Brazilian music, made far away.” – O GLOBO– Antonio Carlos Miguel – Music critic and judge member of the “Latin Grammy Award”. Brazil
” A wonderful Brazilian-Australian bossa nova baby with contemporary bossa nova songs.“– Key and Chords – Patrick Van de Wiele . – Belgium, Europe
– Listen to “Flecha”, “Maré Cheia”, “Belas Artes” e “Última Canção de um Amor” em streaming: https://soundcloud.com/juliana-areias-1/sets/bossa-nova-baby-cd-order
– Photos and videos: www.julianaareias.com
– Bossa Nova Baby Show Video teaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNRNrVqC6Kk
– Mas que nada – live video in Australia – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4vB_LU3b7U
– Media clips about Juliana Areias around the world – https://julianaareias.com/juliana-areias-in-the-press/