THE LADIES OF LATIN JAZZ PICNIC CONCERT
SATURDAY 3rd DECEMBER 2016 6pm-9pm
ST.GEORGE’S COLLEGE (QUADRANGLE), 44 MOUNTS BAY RD, CRAWLEY (Opposite UWA) BOOK NOW
The Ladies of Latin Jazz invite you to an evening of passion and elegance, celebrating timeless Latin Jazz Classics and European Languages in the romantic gardens of St George’s College.
The concert features a stunning collaboration between authentic Latin Jazz chanteuses – Brenda Lee and Juliana Areias, accompanied by the cream of Western Australia’s jazz instrumentalists; legendary guitarist Ray Walker, saxophonist/flautist Paul Millard and drummer Bronton Ainsworth.
Together they will perform Latin Jazz favourites such as “The Girl from Ipanema“, “Besame Mucho“, “La Vie en Rose” and “Autumn Leaves” as you sway your body and heart to the enchanting and sultry rhythms of Samba, Bossa Nova, Bolero, Swing and Montuno.
With a sensational repertoire in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Italian, the concert also brings a rare opportunity to discover the captivating sounds of Cristao from Malacca, a 16th Century Portuguese language, the rich legacy of Portugal’s historical empire in Malacca Straits since 1511.
Perth’s very own Ladies of Latin Jazz have been delighting audiences worldwide. Brenda Lee is a West Australian Eurasian of Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese and Irish descent who has lived in Perth since her early teens. Brenda has also performed in Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, New York and Canada. Brazilian born Juliana Areias, known as the “Bossa Nova Baby”, was recently featured as the “Changing Face of Australian Music” on ABC Radio National. Juliana’s career includes performances at Montreux Jazz Festival, Sydney Opera House, Ronnie Scott’s of London, Auckland Festival, Perth International Jazz Festival, Kings Park Festival, and in Darling Harbour for over 30,000 people.
Enjoy a passion filled evening sharing a picnic with friends, family and special ones as we immerse our senses in the wonderful rhythms of Latin Jazz.
* Doors open 6pm. Concert starts 6.30pm. Be early, find a nice spot and enjoy the sunset.
* CDs available.
* Address: St George’s College Quadrangle 44 Mounts Bay Rd. Crawley (opposite UWA).
* Public parking available at Park Avenue and UWA car park
* BYO picnic (rug, food, wine, etc.)
* Mouth-watering home made gourmet sausages by Franks Furts available for sale.
* Delicious coffee, ice cream and sweet treats by Bee Delighted available for sale.
* Free for Children up to 12 years.
* Early Bird Tickets $25 per adult. $30 at the door and after online close
* Concession Cards (student, pensioner) $20
* 10% Discount for groups of 10 adult tickets.
* Pre-booking recommended via https://www.trybooking.com/220544.
For more information visit brendaleejazz.com.au and julianaareias.com
Juliana Areias firstname.lastname@example.org ph: +61 405 279 160
Brenda Lee email@example.com ph: +61 403 499 617